Regent University Celebrates the 2022 Year in Review
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA (Dec. 28, 2022) – In 2022, Regent University celebrated historic growth, launched exciting new initiatives, and received notable accolades and awards. The following summary provides a few notable highlights from the 2022 year in review.
- Over 13,000 Students: Regent University enrolled more than 13,000 students on campus and online.
- Record-Breaking Credit Hours: Regent students registered for 95,995 credit hours in the fall 2022 semester – the highest number of credits in school history.
- #1 Online Bachelor’s in Virginia: U.S. News & World Report ranked Regent the #1 Online Bachelor’s in Virginia – for the 10th consecutive year.
- Largest Graduating Class: With 2,559 degrees conferred, the class of 2022 was the largest graduating class in Regent’s history. Regent’s 42nd Commencement exercises were celebrated on campus with the three highest-ranking officials in the Commonwealth of Virginia: Gov. Glenn Youngkin gave the keynote address at Commencement; Lt. Gov. Winsome Earle-Sears was honored as Regent’s Alumna of the Year; and Atty. Gen. Jason Miyares gave the keynote address at the School of Law Commissioning ceremony.
- Incoming Freshman Class Had Highest Average GPA: The fall 2022 on-campus freshman cohort was 10% larger than last fall, and these incoming freshmen had an average GPA of 3.67 – the highest average GPA in Regent history.
- Largest Honors College Cohort: The Regent University Honors College welcomed its largest cohort of entering freshman – with an average entering GPA of 3.98. The Honors College also welcomed a new dean, Dr. Simon Tarr, in July 2022.
- #1 Online Christian College: For the second year in a row, Regent University was ranked the #1 best online Christian college in the nation.
- #1 Best Dorms in Virginia: Niche.com ranked Regent student housing the #1 best college dorms in Virginia.
- 17 New Certificates: Regent University launched 17 new undergraduate certificates – with three to six classes each – offered both online and on-campus in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- New Partnership with Hebrew University: Regent formed a new study abroad partnership with Hebrew University of Jerusalem, a public research university founded by Albert Einstein.
- Tuition Discount for First Responders: To honor the nation’s first responders, Regent University deployed a 25% tuition discount for firefighters, law enforcement, emergency medical services and rescue workers.
- Institute of Music & Worship: Regent unveiled a new Institute of Music & Worship – a world-class center for innovative training in music and worship arts – to train the next generation of musicians and worship leaders for global impact.
- ABA Reaffirmation of Accreditation: Regent University School of Law received a reaffirmation of accreditation from the American Bar Association (ABA). Regent Law also welcomed a new dean, Bradley J. Lingo, J.D., and launched a fully online Bachelor of Arts in Law degree program in Fall 2022.
- ACBSP Reaffirmation of Accreditation: Regent’s MBA, B.S. in Business, and B.S. in Accounting received a 10-year reaffirmation of accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The B.S. in Marketing, B.S. in Management, and B.S. in Human Resources received a 10-year initial accreditation from ACBSP.
- In Memoriam: Regent mourned the loss of Mrs. Adelia “Dede” Robertson, beloved wife of Dr. M.G. “Pat” Robertson. The Dede Robertson Student Center was officially named in her honor, and Regent announced expansion plans including a new patio addition. Regent also mourned the loss of Hon. Kenneth W. Starr who served on the Regent University Board of Trustees.
- New Podcast: Regent University launched an official podcast, How to Actually Change the World.
- “Great Colleges to Work For” Honor Roll: For the 14th year, Regent University was ranked a “Great College to Work For” and, for the first time, Regent received honors in all 10 categories on the Honor Roll.
“We praise and thank the LORD for His abundant provision and blessing upon Regent University throughout the past year,” said Dr. William L. Hathaway, Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs at Regent University. “As we begin the new year, we commit ourselves evermore to pursuing excellence, innovation, and integrity as we advance Regent’s mission of Christian Leadership to Change the World.”
Founded in 1977, Regent University is America’s Premier Christian University with more than 13,000 students studying online and on campus in Virginia Beach, Virginia. The university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in more than 150 areas of study including business, communication and the arts, counseling, cybersecurity, divinity, education, government, law, leadership, nursing, healthcare, and psychology. Regent University has been ranked the #1 Best Accredited Online College in the United States (Study.com, 2020), the #1 Safest College Campus in Virginia (YourLocalSecurity, 2021), and the #1 Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia for ten consecutive years (U.S. News & World Report, 2022).