Regent University Celebrates the 2021 Year in Review
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA (December 28, 2021) – In 2021, Regent University celebrated record-breaking milestones, launched new programs and initiatives, welcomed new leaders, and received prestigious honors and awards. The following highlights provide a summary of the 2021 year in review.
- Regent University received 7 distinctive #1 accolades in 2021:
– #1 Online Christian College in America (BibleCollegeOnline)
– #1 Best Online College in Virginia (Intelligent.com)
– #1 Safest College Campus in Virginia (YourLocalSecurity)
– #1 Most Affordable Private College in Virginia (Student Loan Hero)
– #1 Online Bachelor’s in Virginia (U.S. News & World Report)
– #1 Best Value College in Virginia (Best Value Schools)
– #1 Theological & Ministerial Online Doctoral Degree (GradDegree)
- Regent’s student enrollment reached over 11,500 students in Fall 2021.
- Regent University and its Board of Trustees named U.S. Congresswoman Michele Bachmann as the new dean of the Robertson School of Government, effective January 1, 2021.
- With over 2,500 graduates, the class of 2021 was the largest graduating class in Regent’s history. Hon. Mike Pompeo gave the keynote address at Regent’s 41st commencement exercises.
- The College of Arts & Sciences announced five new cutting-edge Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree programs, a Bachelor of Music, and a Bachelor of Arts in Music Leadership.
- On July 1, 2021, Dr. William Hathaway assumed the role of executive vice president for Academic Affairs and Dr. Anna Ord was named new dean of the School of Psychology & Counseling.
- The Regent University Honors College accepted its second cohort of exemplary students with nearly perfect entering GPAs.
- The School of Business & Leadership launched its new M.S. in Accounting program in Fall 2021.
- Regent announced the formation of the College of Health & Behavioral Sciences, to include the School of Psychology & Counseling, the School of Nursing, and the School of Allied Health.
- Regent University’s School of Divinity launched a new M.A. in Online Ministry program in Fall 2021.
- For the 13th year, Regent University was once again ranked as one of the “Great Colleges to Work For” in the nation.
- Dr. M.G. “Pat” Robertson announced his transition from host of The 700 Club to dedicate more time to teaching Regent University students.
- The Robertson School of Government launched a new M.A. in International Development program in Fall 2021.
- School of Business & Leadership alumna, Winsome Sears, made history when she was elected as the first woman to the office of Lieutenant Governor of Virginia.
- For the first time in the program’s history, Women’s Soccer received a bid to the NCCAA regionals and played in their first post-season competition game.
- Four cross-country runners participated in a post-season regional competition – the first time in the history of Regent athletics. New school records were set by both male and female runners during the regular season.
- Charitable giving increased 32% in 2021 with an 89% increase in donations given to scholarships.
- The School of Law announced the highest employment percentage in the school’s history. Regent Law also ranked 22nd in the nation for judicial clerkships.
“The vision of Regent University is to be the most influential, Christian, transformational university in the world,” said Dr. William L. Hathaway, executive vice president for Academic Affairs at Regent University. “It is truly remarkable to reflect on the numerous ways that Regent has demonstrated this vision throughout 2021. We praise and thank the LORD for all of His many blessings. As we begin the new year, we commit ourselves ever more to bringing glory to GOD as we advance Regent’s mission of Christian Leadership to Change the World.”
Founded in 1978, Regent University is America’s premier Christian university with more than 11,000 students studying on its 70-acre campus in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and online around the world. The university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in more than 150 areas of study including business, communication and the arts, counseling, cybersecurity, divinity, education, government, law, leadership, nursing, healthcare, and psychology. Regent University is ranked the #1 Best Accredited Online College in the United States (Study.com, 2020), the #1 Safest College Campus in Virginia (YourLocalSecurity, 2021), and the #1 Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia for nine years in a row (U.S. News & World Report, 2021).